The Coupon section allows you to add, update, and delete coupons. There are four types of coupons:
- Discount Amount – Subtracts the dollar amount you specify
- Discount % – Subtracts a specified percentage
- Free Item
- Fixed Amount – The price for the selected item(s) will be the dollar amount you specify
Add a New Coupon
- In the Coupon window, press Add.
- Select a Department. Creating a Coupon Department would make it easy to organize all your coupons. To learn more about adding a Department, click here: Department
- Fill in the remaining information: Coupon Code/Name, Description, Type of Coupon, Discount Amount, Minimum Qty, etc.
- Click the Condition tab. This is where you can finetune the way that your coupon works.
Create item rules by selecting items using Apply or Ignore.
- Apply – will launch the Search Item/PLU window. Once you select an item from here, it will be added to the list of items that the coupon applies to.
- Ignore – will launch the Search Item/PLU window. Once you select an item from here, it will be added to the list of items that the coupon does not apply to.
- Delete – use the Delete button, located below Apply and Ignore, to delete any item from the list. Select the item and press Delete.
- Further adjust the functions of your coupon by using the checkboxes below the item list, and add a minimum invoice amount if applicable.
- If Date Validity Applicable is checked, make sure to enter a Start Date and Expiration Date
- When you are finished entering all the details, press Save.
To UPDATE a coupon, select a coupon by using the navigational arrows, or through the Search Item/PLU window by clicking the magnifying glass. Make the wanted changes to your coupon, and press Update.
To DELETE a coupon, select a coupon by using the navigational arrows, or through the Search Item/PLU window by clicking the magnifying glass. Press Delete in the top menu.