The Force Modifier window allows you to assign items to the modifier category.
For example, when pasta is an item, you might choose to keep sauces as a modifier. You would be allowed to add sauce as a modifier group here. Force Modifiers can be found in Inventory Maintenance.
To navigate to Force Modifiers, follow this path:
Back Office -> Masters -> Inventory -> Force Modifiers (located in the left menu)
Here, you can also add modifier items under a modifier group.
For example, you might want to include cream sauce, sage sauce, pesto sauce and tomato sauce as modifier items under the modifier group of sauce. Alternatively, you might want to add an item as a mandatory independent modifier. You can add modifiers as a modifier item or as a modifier group.
1. How to Create a Modifier Group:
- Click on the ‘Add Modifier Group‘ Button.
- Click on ‘New Modifier Group’.
- The Modifier window will launch (shown below). Fill in all required information.
- If you are not ready to insert modifier items, click ‘Save’ to return to the previous screen (steps to create new modifier items are at instruction #2).
If you are ready to attach pre-existing modifier items to your Modifier Group, skip to instruction #3.
2. How to Create a Modifier Items (from the Inventory Maintenance menu):
There are two ways to create a modifier item. This is how you create a modifier item through the Inventory Maintenance Menu:
- Click on the ‘Modifier Item‘ radio button, located under Modifier List next to Modifier Group (screenshot shown below).
- Click ‘Add Modifier Item‘. (screen below)
- Click ‘New Modifier Item‘. The Modifier Item screen will launch (shown below). Fill in the required information and click ‘Save‘.
- Click ‘Cancel‘ to return to the previous screen.
3. How to Add Pre-Existing Modifier Items to a Modifier Group:
- In the Modifier window, click ‘Insert Modifier‘.
- A list of previously created modifier items will pop up. Navigate to the items you would like to select by typing in the search field, or with the left and right navigation arrows. You may select multiple items at a time.
- Once you’ve selected all the modifier items for this modifier group, click ‘Select‘. The modifier items under your modifier group are now visible in the list.
- Press ‘Save‘ to save your changes.
4. How to Assign a Pre-Existing Modifier Group to an Item:
- Select an item by either clicking the magnifying glass to search, or by using the left and right navigation arrows.
- Click on the ‘Add Modifier Group‘ Button. Select a Modifier Group from the pre-existing list.
- Enter the minimum and maximum number of extras that the customer may opt for when ordering this item.
- The Modifier Group is now visible in the Modifier List.
5. Remove a Modifier Group/Item:
- Select the modifier group/item you want to remove, and click the ‘Remove‘ button to delete.