The Open Drawer command that allows the end-user to open the cash drawer, even when no ‘Sale’ transaction has been performed.
OPEN CASH DRAWER SETUP – To properly perform this operation, you have to check related operational settings via the following path:
1. Back Office -> Station -> Station Setup -> Enter the Cash Drawer Command under Cash Drawer Settings.
* If you are not aware of the command, use the provided reference link to view example code.
2. Click on ‘Update’ -> Click on Exit
3. Click on Printers Set-up -> Select ‘Receipt’ in Printer Type -> Set the printer that your cash drawer is connected to.
If you want your system to be able to open without having to make a transaction, you can set a mandatory prompt via the following path:
1. Back Office -> Store -> Store Setup -> Invoice Settings tab -> Under ‘Exception Log For’ make sure that ‘Open cash drawer without sale’ is checked.
You can set your system to launch a mandatory prompt, requesting a reason each time the cash drawer is opened without a sale:
2. Without leaving the Invoice Settings Tab (path shown above), click ‘Reasons’ -> Expand the ‘Reasons Type’ drop-down menu -> Select ‘No Sale – Open Cash Drawer’ -> Enter a Reason -> Click ‘Add’
3. After changing your desired settings, click ‘Update’