‘Search inventory’ is a way to perform a quick search for items in the inventory. This will give the cashier a complete knowledge of the specific item. Search inventory window will allow you to search items with different filter options. (i.e. Category, Department, Vendor, Item ID, Item Name, etc.)
How to Search Inventory:
- To search within the inventory, you must first navigate to Inventory Maintenance via this path:
Back Office -> Masters -> Inventory
- Next, click on the magnifying glass icon (located under the search bar).
- The ‘Search Inventory‘ window will pop up (shown above). Here you can filter the inventory with by type (buttons located at the top), by using the drop-down menus, or by typing in the search fields.
To Add a New Item:
- With the ‘Search Inventory’ window open, click on the ‘Add New Item‘ button (located bottom-left).
- The window shown above will launch. Choose the type of item you want to add.
- After your selection, you will return to the ‘Inventory Maintenance‘ screen (shown below). Add the item details for all the required fields. When you are finished, press ‘Save‘.